Wednesday, February 24, 2016

New Life View

I had a very serious heart to heart with Gad last night. I am so tired of focusing on the negative so last night I made a pact to focus on the positive. I finally love who I am and no one's opinion should change that.No one's opinion of me should be held in higher regard than my own opinion of myself. Don't get me wrong it was one of the most difficult things for me to learn to accept and love myself but it is so worth it. Find inspiration in something; finding inspiration in something is what helped me so much. I found inspiration in the Harry Potter series.
There is an excerpt from the seventh book that changed the entire series in the most positive way.
“Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears. "After all this time?" "Always," said Snape.”
Always is just a word but in this instant J.K. Rowling was able to shape the entire characterization of Severus Snape; this simple word turned him from a bad guy to a good guy. Phrases and words have a way of doing this. Words can build someone up. Words can break someone down. Words can be a symbol of what people stand for. Words are one of the most powerful weapons people can use.
 Obviously the fact that someone can be viewed in such a negative light then in a moment that opinion is changed is so powerful. So remember to love yourself first... I mean you can find love for yourself through others but remember to think about why people love you and slowly you will find that you agree. Also you are too young to try and not live life to the fullest so let loose, have fun, laugh alot, and don't take anything for granted. The fuller your life is the more stories you will have to tell when you are old and you are looking back on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment